Sunday, March 24, 2013

Throwback Smoothie

One of my favorite all time drinks is the "Orange Julius."  It's basically an orange creamsicle flavored drink that's frothy, light, and delicious.  This a chain/brand that used to be at my local mall growing up, but it went away, and the last time I came across one was 3 years ago during our honeymoon in Hawaii.  I started subscribing to Food Network Magazine when it first came out a few years ago, and one section is dedicated to doing copycat recipes - replicas of famous restaurant dishes.  When I saw the recipe for "Orange Julius," I had to try it, and it was pretty good.

It's still cold out, but it's also technically spring, and I had a random craving today for this smoothie.  Below is my slightly modified recipe for 2 servings: 

Ingredients

1 cup orange juice
1/2 cup milk (I used Skim Plus for a healthier version)
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/8 cup confectioners' sugar
1/8 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup crushed ice

Add the orange juice, milk, vanilla, both sugars and ice to blender and blend until smooth and frothy. Divide among 2 chilled glasses.

the ingredients

dump everything into the blender

blend until smooth and frothy

serve & enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment