Monday, August 20, 2012

reflect. cherish. aspire.

Wednesday August 17, 2005

I refuse to forget the countless number of fond memories I have. Nor do I wish to disregard the bad ones completely, because they are essential in my ability to learn from my mistakes and prior experiences.  A person's past and accumulation of memories play a significant role in who they are today.  Although things might have seemed easier back then, getting older (and wiser) is not as bad as it seems. 

Each and every day I count my blessings for how lucky I feel to have the life I do. Hearing all the crazy stuff on the news and even from the people around me, I can't help but appreciate the fact that I have a loving family and great friends, a job that I hopefully will enjoy, and split my time between city and suburbia. Another thing is my health, because without it, there's no way I could possibly enjoy everything else. I'd say that for the most part, I'm content with my life.

I look forward to what the future has in store, but there will always be those uncertainties. I take a day at a time, but who doesn't wonder what could possibly happen later on that day or even a year from now? The thing is, I know what I want to happen, but whether or not it will is a different story. Right now I'm in this transitional period, preparing for the life of a young professional and the so called "real world" of paying for bills and making it on my own.  I'm up for the challenge, but I know it won't be a piece of cake.  As the days dwindle down to 9/19, the more apprehensive I get about starting work.  Will I not dread waking up for and going to the office every morning?  Or in the audtior's case, to my clients' office?

Yesterday I saw "March of the Penguins," that documentary on the life of the Empire Penguin down in Antarctica.  Those penguins have a pretty difficult life, considering they travel over 70 miles in the harshest conditions to find their "mate," and then risk their lives so that their offspring can survive.  But when they finally arrive at their destination, within days they've found their "one" with some waddling, a simple call, and touch of beaks.  If only it were that easy.  But then again, people come and go in and out of our lives for a reason, and I am a better person because of those I've crossed paths with.  

No comments:

Post a Comment