Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Ringing in 2013

Happy New Year!  2012, in the blink of an eye, has come and gone.  Overall it was a great year:   Second-time trips to Vegas, Hawaii, a few days with the family at a lovely summer house upstate, and an awesome holiday stay-cation with hubs.  (Note to self to save up dates to repeat this again next year.)  Work was overall good - promoted, two new work buddies, out with a baddie and in with a goodie.  We reno'd our basement just as I'd hoped, and were fortunate enough to have not been too affected by Sandy.  Rekindled friendships and made new ones too.  A third year of blissful marriage celebrated with hubs as well.

In less than two weeks I turn 30 - something I'm still trying get my head around.  I'm hoping this year will be a milestone one in more ways than one.  I have my usual New Year's resolutions that I prefer to keep private, but one that I'll share is trying to regularly update this blog. 

Some snapshots of last night's New Year's Eve festivities:     


I stayed up 'til 3am this New Year's day - something I haven't done in a very long time.  I'm feeling my age for sure (haha), and will be sure to go to bed early tonight in preparation for my return to the "real world" tomorrow of work and year-end close!

1 comment:

  1. I didn't realize your blog was up and running! That's great! And it sounds like you had an awesome year. Hawaii for a second time? So jealous :) Hope you're enjoying your last day off before going back to work. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete