Monday, November 18, 2013

DIY Invites Part II

To continue from my last post, next I'll show you how I did the right side of the invite.  But first, I glued the matted invite to the left side of the pocket fold envelope, using the same technique with the white paper to press down. 


The right side of the invite consists of the inserts, of course.  For these I wanted to save paper, and not have to hand feed 350 pieces through the printer.  So I used PowerPoint, which enabled me to fit all inserts on one page.  I've used Powerpoint for most of my DIY projects, and it's pretty much become my new favorite program (after Photoshop of course.)  Using the shape tool, I was able to create the outline for each of the inserts, and later added text and the cherry blossom clip art.  Here are the sizes for each insert below, so that when placed one on top of the other, would be tiered correctly (in terms of header being visible, and text below invisible).  Also note that I rotated the "Directions" insert to fit on the page and achieve the right height.


Here is my 2nd trusty printer, the HP Photosmart C4200, printing out the sheet of inserts. 

Saving on card stock also meant more cutting on my part.  Here I used my Fiskars paper cutter, which has been my trusty sidekick throughout the DIY process.  I carefully lined up the light blue lines that had been printed to the ruler, and sliced away, making sure that no blue lines showed on the finished product.

All done with cutting the inserts.

The inserts are ready to be placed into the pocket fold, but not before adding the pre-stamped rsvp envelope.

I also added some more inserts regarding booking the hotels and directions to the hotels (not shown).  So here's the finished invite (notice the tiering of the inserts that I had mentioned earlier), that ended up being sealed with a cherry blossom paper punch (see first pic from last post) and placed in a rose pink envelope.  
 

Coming up, the breakdown of supplies and cost.

No comments:

Post a Comment