Monday, November 18, 2013

Table Numbers

I knew that if I didn't get the guestbook that I wanted (I'll get to that in another post) I'd go with a photobook of our engagement photos and leave blank spaces throughout for guests to sign.  But since I did manage to find the guestbook, I knew that I somehow wanted to incorporate our photos somehow into the table numbers.  I thought about photoshopping the numbers into each of the photos and framing them, but with our photos not having much empty sky or wall space in them, it'd be hard to squeeze the numbers into the picture.  Why not have 2 frames for each table then?  One with the number, incorporating the cherry blossom theme, and another with just the engagement photo, a different photo at each table of course.

With about twenty tables and two frames per table, I wanted a cost-effective frame that also looked nice and kept with our modern theme.  So I first thought of using these clips frames, which I've seen at IKEA in passing. 


I wasn't sure if they'd stand up well on their own, so I thought about combining them with little plastic easel stands, which I thought would prop nicely.  (Unfortunately getting 40+ would be too expensive considering the price doesn't include the frames.)

 

But then I saw these 4 x 6 Euro Box Clear Photo frames on ebay, and knew I had found my table number frames.  At 62 cents a piece (includes shipping) these were a steal!  I think it's kind of cool how there is no actual "frame" per se - and it seems like the table number and photo appear to be free-standing.  I printed out all the numbers and selected engagement photos, and here is what guests will see on their tables:

I created the 4 x 6 table numbers in MS Powerpoint, 3 to a page, using the same fonts
as I'd used in the invitation.  The same clipart was used for the cherry blossoms as well. 
I also added the paper flowers again to give the 3D effect.

Here's the back of the frame.  When vertical, the cardboard pops out to create a stand.

Unfortunately that cardboard stand didn't hold for the horizontal photos,
so I took a piece of cardstock, folded it 3 times into a tent,
and attached it to the back of the frame.

Here are all the photos in their frames ready for the reception.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment