Monday, November 18, 2013

Monogram Napkin Holders

In a previous entry, I shared what my table centerpieces will be.  Ideally my venue would offer some type of aqua/teal linens to incorporate the theme color more, but really the only viable color is ivory tablecloths with blush pink napkins.  However, my MOH came up with a great idea after reading the latest issues of Martha Stewart Weddings - monogram napkin holders.  We made them with some of the ribbon I had left over from some other projects, rather than the wide ribbon used in the picture.

Using Powerpoint, I created the monogram template,
putting four 4x4 squares on one sheet of 8.5 x 11" card stock.

Fonts used are English for "L" and our names, GeoSansLight for the date.

Trusty paper cutter to slice and dice the monograms.




Next I used a rounded corner paper punch to round the four corners of the monogram.


For me this adds a more polished touch.


All four corners rounded.


Next I used a razor to cut two 1.5" slits above and below the "L."


Next I cut 3 12" inch pieces of ribbon, two blue and one brown.


Each ribbon is stranded through under and above the slits,
making sure to crisscross the two blues.


The finished monogram on a pseudo mock up plate and "napkin."


My MOH and I worked on these for a few hours one Sunday,
and only managed to get these 50 done - still another 150 to go. 
Should be faster to finish the rest though, since all the paper cutting is done.
     

And there we go - now some blue on the table!

No comments:

Post a Comment