Monday, November 18, 2013

DIY Wedding Invites Part III

Was all the work I put into the invites and money saved worth it?  Most definitely.  A friend who had gotten married last year told me that had we gone with her professional invitation person, we would have been charged per piece added, so it would cost $15 per invite!  (I rounded up and ordered about 125 of each paper piece, with extra response envelopes which I used to send our save-the-dates.)  Here's the breakdown of what we paid for ours (paper via Cards & Pockets): 



Subtotal $308.25 + S/H $18.65 = $326.90
Prima Flowers = $10.00
Zots = $4.00
Ribbon = $6.00
Printer Ink:  $32.00
round to $380.00
/115 invites
=$3.30 each

Paper & Supplies - $380
Bride's Labor - "Free"
Creating your dream invitation and having it turn out great - priceless.

What made the invitations an enjoyable DIY project for me was that I gave myself plenty of time to get them all done.  With a strategic 7 per week goal since the new year, I never found myself getting sick of having to make them.  I have no regrets that I undertook this project on my own because I'm thrilled with the results (and savings).

No comments:

Post a Comment